The advance of puppy linux is, that it is a very small and light weight distribution.
You can install puppy with dabo and xampp (includes Mysql) on a 1 GB usb device or a virtual machine and take it with you to your customers.
- Install Precise Puppy 5.7.1 on a usb device or an virtual machine (or where you want)
- Update the Puppy Packet Manager
- If you want to install xampp download first the update to sfs_load2.0.2.pet from here
http://shino.pos.to/linux/puppy/ and the xampp1.8.1.sfs from here
- Click on sfs_load.pet in your file-manager and follow the instructions.
- Click on xampp1.8.1.sfs in your file-manager and follow the instructions.
- Open the Puppy Packet Manager and search for idle2.7_2.7.3 package and install.
This is the python environment with the idle IDE
- Install wxpython. This part is a little tricky. You can find a installation manual here
- Open the Puppy Packet Manager and search for python_mysqldb_1.2.3.
This is the package that will give you access to the mysql-database of the xampp-package.
- Open the Puppy Packet Manager and search for python_setuptools_0.6.24.
This package is needed to install Dabo.
- Dowload Dabo.
The best way is to check out via svn. You can also download the tarball from here
- .Unpack the downloaded tarball or the files you checked out in:
Now you will have a daboXXXX folder in /usr/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/ (xxxx is the version)
- Open a terminal in this folder and type: python setup.py install
Now Dabo will be installed in your python environment.
- Change to the folder demo in your current directory and start the demo application with: python DaboDemo.py
If you are doing right, it should work.